Nutrition is the only remedy that can bring full recovery and can be used with any treatment. Remember, food is our best medicine!
Do you have a penchant for garnering knowledge about the nutritional information of various foodstuffs and offering advice to various people in need of proper dietary advice? Or, do you nurture the desire to bag the role of a nutritionist and dietician? If yes, stay tuned! Because we are embarking on a new journey to unravel every bit about this classroom course so that you get a step closer to switching to your dream profession as a nutritionist, dietician or fitness expert. C’mon, let’s now get into the details!
About B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics
The course of B.Sc. in Nutrition & Dietetics is an undergraduate program of 3 years in which the students delve deep into various fields such as nutrition, food science, dietetics, food microbiology, food management, lifestyle management and food biochemistry. It is a highly valued course that teaches you a lot about the nutritional aspect of foods and how humans with specific diseases can follow a healthy diet without affecting their pre-existing condition. Several health organizations in our country are on the lookout for excellent nutritionists who can join their team of professionals.
Curious to know what specific topics you are going to be taught in this course? Well, just keep reading!
Notable Subjects Taught To Students Of B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics
- Food Service Management;
- Diet Therapy;
- Sports Nutrition;
- Applied Nutrition;
- Medical Microbiology;
- Nutrition & Genetics;
And, various other disciplines!
Eligibility Criteria For Students To Pursue The Course Of B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics
- You need to be at least 17 years of age while applying for the Nutrition course.
- Completion of 10+2 is a must with a minimum aggregate percentage of 50% from any recognized board of the country. Having the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level are essential.
- Passing the entrance exams conducted by specific institutes is also mandatory.
Often, various colleges prepare a special set of eligibility qualifications for their students. It is prudent enough to check these criteria and assess if they fulfil these. Only then can they move ahead with the application process.
Why Should You Go For B.Sc Nutrition & Dietetics?
- This is a much-in-demand course for several graduates as they wish to have a rewarding career for themselves by taking up the role of nutritionists and dieticians.
- As common people are making themselves aware of the need for a healthy diet, they are looking for good nutritionists for consultation. This has led to the creation of great demand for extremely good dieticians, thus making the course a highly valued one.
- Students who complete this course successfully can go for self-employment, or work in private or public health institutions.
- This course also offers great scope to continue with your higher education. For instance, you can do MSc Nutrition, MSc Applied Nutrition, MBA, MSc Dietetics, and any other stream that you wish to go for.
Career Options After Completing B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics
- Food Quality Inspector;
- Food Processing Manager;
- R&D (Research & Development) Officer in the Food Industry
Skillsets Needed To Pursue B.Sc. Nutrition & Dietetics
- Students of Nutrition need to stay cautious and alert, have a compassionate attitude, and possess the ability to indulge in teamwork if needed.
- They also need to be highly responsible for their work and give their complete dedication to the activities they are doing.
- They also need to master time management skills to ensure they fulfil their activities within time because the responsibility that they are going to shoulder is huge in this profession.
- Working under pressure is a crucial skill that the students interested in this course need to possess.
Do you own these skills? If yes, you are good to go!
The job of a nutritionist or a dietician is indeed very noble. Consider going for this course if you have a deep interest in this field. These professions are much valued in today’s world because almost everyone is health conscious and that is a great thing. So, realize your dream now, and go for this incredibly good course. Pay heed to your teacher’s instructions transmitted via the classroom app and work hard. Have a great time completing this course!